Friday, April 28, 2006

Giselda Lopi Sweater

I've been a bit distracted.


Giselda Lopi Sweater
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Ok. It is 90 degrees but I really am enjoying this sweater! The lower body is complete and ready for the sleeves.

Webs had Lopi yarn on sale for 3.75 US a ball, so what better time to make a lopi sweater. I've been thinking about traditional knitting lately, and this sweater seems like the first step toward a broader skill set. I've never knit a sweater in the round, and I have wanted to practice two color, stranded knitting. Here's the picture of Giselda:



Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I had started with a teal around the bottom, but decided it was much too bright. I think the dusty blue is really pretty. This is from the Best of Lopi book that I bought a month or two ago. What a super fast knit!


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker