Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shopping at Soft Horizons

We didn't have a lot of time to putter around town when we were in Eugene, Oregon, but I did get to make a short stop at Soft Horizons knitting store (no website). It was located in a cute old house near the University of Oregon.



Soft Fibers Yarn Store
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

They had lots of beautiful things, but I was quite taken with their book selection. Here is one of the helpful clerks.


Shopping at Soft Fibers
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

My husband was snapping pictures as I was shopping. Notice the look of joy on my face? I have to point out that my husband was very fearful of the pile of books...



Shopping at Soft Fibers
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

I contained my excitement to just a few purchases. I bought another Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn skein, like the one that my SP had sent oh so long ago. They had the patterns to match, and I picked out Fritzy's Socks, which is a cable and moss stitch mixed pattern. These are going with me to France in July.



Bearfoot socks
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

And the books? (left to right) Poems of Colors, A Collectors Item, and Folk Mitens left the store with me, continuing the trend of traditional knitting.


New Purchases
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

And, for those of you heading to the local Knitting guild meeting on Thursday, here's my yard sale contribution! We pay 5 bucks for a table and get to sell and buy stash.


Stash Reduction
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker