Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Colorado to home

Unfortunately we are back in hot Texas, but what a good vacation. Here are a few more pictures from the mountains.



Aspens in Colorado
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

And one of my favs--sheep grazing in the fields. I yelled at my husband--pull over--take pictures of those sheep. Sheep aren't really what a geologist looks for in the mountains, but hey--I'm a bit wool obsessed. Notice that we took a picture? Remember that lost camera? I remembered that the hubby had put the camera on a picnic table at a roadside stop. We headed back a few hours later to see if it was there and it wasn't--but a card from the sheriff was. The sheriff picked up our camera and took it to the town office for us to receive. What a relief.


Grazing Sheep
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

As we were driving around I was able to knit away. I found two yarn stores in Steamboat Springs. The Fiber Exchange was right downtown and Knitch (no website) was at the gondola area. I visited both and they had fairly standard supplies. The Fiber Exchange did carry Fleece Artist, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. This is beautiful yarn and comes as skein or in kit form. The kits are simple knits, but the yarn is gorgeous, in beautiful textures and colors. I purchased the Thrum Mitt kit since I needed to knit this yarn.


Thrummed Mittens
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Thrumming, so aptly explained by the Yarn Harlot, allows you to make these puffy mittens with soft fleece that warms your hands like a fire! The kit was fun to knit and my only complaint is the yarn quantity. I made the medium, hit gauge, and had about 10 inches of yarn left. The fleece was scanter--I had to canibalize the roving from the first mitten. But, I loved making these and the fleece had lots of lanoline that was like instant moisturizer.

I also finished the cabled beret that I started before leaving:


Beret
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker